Register today for our online symposium!
If you haven’t already saved the date for our free online symposium on June 3rd from 2:00-5:00 pm (EST), please do so now! Registration is now open, so please register today for this live event at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8PDN775.
Museums and Institutions of Higher Education Unite to Empower Adult English Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL): June 3rd, 2-5 pm EST
Cultures and Literacies Through Art for the 21st Century, A National Leadership Grant, IMLS Funded Initiative is offering a live online symposium to disseminate its piloted model, which is designed to build institutional capacity of museums and institutions of higher education. It aims to empower adult immigrant ESOL by strengthening their literacy and critical thinking skills, while expanding their social and cultural capital.
Registration for the symposium is now open! Please register today at:
The symposium will address these central questions:
How does a literacy and art-based initiative strengthen language skills and nurture lifelong engagement with museums? What role can museums play in the life of adult immigrant English language learners and their families? How can partnerships between museums and adult literacy/language programs develop institutional capacity?
The five panels in this online symposium will feature discussions on best teaching practices, partnerships, program outcomes, and replication opportunities for your organization.
Register today if you and your organization are interested in:
- Exploring an art and language-based initiative for adult English language learners and their families
- Developing programs to foster inclusion and lifelong engagement with museums
- Building partnerships between museums and adult literacy/language programs
- Adapting and replicating CALTA21
Who will present?
- A team of students and museum and literacy practitioners
- A team of museum professionals and a VTS representative
- A team of English language instructors
- Evaluators from the literacy and museum fields
- A sample consortium that is adapting CALTA21 to their city and community
Who should register?
- Museum educators, docents, curators, directors, visitor service/experience specialists, community engagement specialists, adult literacy specialists, English language instructors, faculty and administrators, CBO members, librarians, and anyone interested in immigrant engagement and social and cultural inclusion
Register now for this free online event: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8PDN775.
After registration, you will receive login instructions and an agenda for the symposium including session descriptions and information about our presenters. You can choose to participate in some or all of our sessions. Q&A will follow each session. Please register by May 21st to receive the information.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com.